Why join the European Network Cities for Children?
- Cities for Children offers European cities the opportunity for continuous exchange of best practices and the development of progressive concepts for the promotion of the well-being of children, young persons and parents in urban environments.
- Mutual learning by working on realistic examples and best-practice exchanges facilitate the search for innovative solutions.
- The necessary lobbying by our cities at the national and European level is more successful when we join forces.
- The conditions for families, children and young persons are an important locational factor for European cities and companies in global competition. Cities participating in the Network Cities for Children could take a leading role in developing child, youth and family policies in their countries.
- Thanks to the support from Robert Bosch Foundation and other partners of the City of Stuttgart, there are neither costs associated to membership nor annual fees for the participating cities.
- The Network will organize an internet forum which presents concepts, initiatives, and best practice examples from cities and organizations. This forum will be linked with the member cities, partners, and patrons.
- Workshops for particular areas of action deepen the exchange of practical experience and findings from the social sciences and the humanities.
- The Network serves as a platform for organizing youth exchanges for young people to meet their peers in other European cities. Exchanges of thematic experts between city administrations shall be facilitated.